- In a plant that made spline shafts for truck and SUV transfer cases, operators were loading and unloading the spline-rolling machines manually.
These two robots love working 24/7
- Laborers loaded and unloaded the machines at varying rates.
- Bins filled with splines—in various stages of completion—had to be moved from one machine to the next, a slow process requiring manual labor and use of fork trucks.
- Spline rolling ceased whenever operators took breaks.
- Design, build, and install a Dual-Robotic, Multi-Machine Loading System that could automatically move parts into and out of three machines thus eliminating the need for two of the three laborers required for an all-manual operation.
- Significant labor savings. They were able to have its spline-rolling operation handled by one person, not three as before.
- Increased throughput.Our Robotic Multi-Machine Loading solution processes one spline every 18 seconds, much faster than the customer required.
- Advanced safety features. During maintenance periods, robots move to a safe, stopped position. Special fencing further promotes safety.
- Automatic error recovery. After any system shutdown, the robots can be restarted from where they left off rather than returning to the beginning of an operation.
- Greater efficiency. Our custom software integrates all robot and conveyor movements for vastly improved workflow.
- Uninterrupted production. Our conveyor system can accumulate parts at both ends of the production line, moving splines in and out of machines even when the operator is on break.
I Need A
Complete and submit the form below or call us for immediate assistance.